This site is for educational purposes and primarily for the Fall 2019 IDT – 507 Information Technologies course at SUNY Polytechnic Institute. Throughout this semester, I’ll produce four information design products tied to the following modules:
- Assess how people use information technology, and how characteristics of information technologies facilitate certain uses
- Identify basic developments in the history of Information Technology and key trends in the history and emergence of the Internet.
- Produce well-designed information products detailing affordances and uses of information technologies.
- Develop skills associated with producing and making productive use of critiques of information products.
- Create information products that demonstrate an understanding of information technology in historical and theoretical context.
- Create information products that demonstrate an understanding of information design principles.
- Create information products that demonstrate an ability to select and utilize contemporary and appropriate tools and platforms.